Cllr Andy Stamp (Gillingham North)
Councillor for Gillingham North and Medway Labour Spokesperson for Regeneration and Communities
Andy was elected as a Councillor for Gillingham North Ward in 2007 and has represented the area continuously ever since.
Andy is the Medway Labour Group’s Spokesperson for Communities and Regeneration and he was the Labour Parliamentary Candidate for Gillingham and Rainham at the 2017 and 2019 General Elections. Andy works for the Environment Agency and has a track record of campaigning to protect and improve the environment.
Andy has worked with the local community and other Labour Councillors on a number of successful local campaigns recently, including:
– Saving the Sunlight GP surgery from closure
– Fighting to save the Strand Pool from closure and lobby for much-needed investment
– Securing funding to improve our local parks and green spaces such as Hillyfields, Gillingham Green and QEII Fields
Andy continues to campaign for more GPs and better GP services locally, investment in Gillingham High Street and action to address parking and highways issues in the area.
First Saturday of EVERY month, 10.30am-12noon, Smith Square, Gillingham High Street, ME7 1AL
In addition, Councillors for Gillingham North and South Wards have agreed they will hold a monthly joint Councillors surgery, details as follows:
3rd Friday of the month, 6:30pm-8pm
Relate Offices, Medway Plus, 2nd Floor Kingsley House, 37-39 Balmoral Road, Gillingham ME7 4PF (opposite Gillingham Train Station).
No appointment needed.
- Business Support Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Joint Meeting of Committees
- Regeneration, Culture and Environment Overview And Scrutiny Committee