Good health and social care, with fair access for all, is a right. A Labour Medway Council would work in partnership with the NHS and its associated partners to deliver decent health services across our towns because we believe that a healthy population is happier, more confident and more productive.
We know that you and your family are struggling to get a timely GP appointment when you need one and that if a loved one needs social care, the system can be hard to navigate and doesn’t always meet the needs of the vulnerable or those who care for them.
- Streamline wasteful procurement and work directly with the health workers who care for us now to make improvements to community-based mental and physical health services
- Pool public money to attract GPs to Medway by offering them financial incentives and support with accommodation, in return for a long-term commitment to working in our towns
- Strengthen Public Health to keep you well and prevent disability and disease by promoting a healthy lifestyle and making sure support is there where and when best suits you to make the changes
- Eliminate period poverty, because women and girls deserve to be safe and comfortable, by working with schools and other organisations to provide free sanitary protection to those who need it, without fear of discrimination
- Create security and stability in the local social care system so that help can be put into place quickly when it’s needed and protect those in care homes from private sector failures
- Combat isolation and loneliness by supporting the voluntary sector, modernising local facilities and stopping people falling through gaps in services