Accountability is critically important – too many people have accused the current Conservative-run Council of being “democracy dodgers“ who do not take into account the views of Medway residents.
A Labour council will make sure the processes and decision-making of the council is open and transparent, and will welcome public scrutiny.
- Work hard to ensure you have your say on the council priorities
- Consult annually on the budget proposals – unlike the current Conservative administration which repeatedly refuses to consult residents
- Introduce live streaming of key council meetings to ensure there is an equal opportunity for everyone to observe decision-making
- Allow people to ask questions of the decision-making Cabinet meeting, which the current administration refuses to do
- Accept e-petitions from change.org and other external petition organisations, another change the current Conservative council refuses to make